Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Labyrinth Ring done, Stardust in the wings


I think I had mentioned before that I had finished a great ring. I finally got it listed on Etsy (you can see the listing by clicking here).

For those of you who don't list things for sale online, it's really quite a process, especially for those of us with slower computers/internet connections. Even if you don't have the "slow" problem, you still have to describe what you're selling. That's actually the hardest part for me. Giving a description of a piece of art when you should be able to SEE it perfectly without my typing anything. Sigh. I'm just not a writer/poet.

I'm starting to feel like I really need to find someone to do my marketing for me. The more time I spend listing things on Etsy and Artfire (well, I've only listed on thing there so far, lol), and trying to sell my stuff at art/craft/misc shows, the less time I have to actually make jewelry. I wonder where I would find someone to do that type of stuff for me...I wonder if I could find someone to work on a percentage of the sales?

Oh, one of the things I've been thinking about lately is the actual artwork that goes along with some of my jewelry. For a little while now, I've been sketching out more elaborate designs in a sketchbook with pencil. I then firm it up in ink, and sometimes add color with watercolors. I'm wondering if I should offer these drawings for sale with the piece of jewelry, or even seperate from it. Does anyone else do this? I'll have to start asking the other jewelry artists that I know.

Some of you who know my in person may know, but the rest of you probably don't, that I got some beautiful henna work done in December at an art show I went to, by a wonderful lady named Wendy, from Rovinghorse Henna. (You can see a picture of my henna here) Anyway, here is a picture of the design that I got. In looking at her Flickr photostream yesterday, I came across a website called The Henna Page. There is a woman there that is doing a survey, and if you complete most of her survey, are over 18, and live in the USA, she will send you a henna kit. Click here for more info on this great deal.

No comments: