Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gothic Bride 4/14/08


I took Friday off of work, since it was the hubby's birthday. We had a good time, most of the night. We went out to dinner at Orchard's Bistro, which as STUPENDOUS food. If you are ever in McMinnville, looking for good food, that's the place to go. They share space with Honest Chocolates (my day job), so stop and get chocolates while you're there, you won't regret it, lol. Today, Jason had to be to work at 7pm, and before he went, we took the kids to DQ. Unfortunately, the one near us RAN OUT OF ICE CREAM. How does an ice cream place run out of ice cream? I don't know, either, lol. I did make a little headway on the Earth Day theme challene the wire artisan's guild is doing...the actual title of the theme is "au naturelle" or something like that. I'm making a fossilized seashell the focal point of my piece. Got that done, don't know where to go from there, lol. Oh, I finished the Gothic Bride theme piece last night, got it listed today. I LOVELOVELOVE it. I hope it sells soon, or I may have to keep it for myself, and where the hell would I wear something that nice? I just stay home with kids, lol. Anyway, a description. It's a 4 in 1 pendant set. There is a Celtic Cross focal pendant, highly oxidized, and decorated with many, many teeny tiny garnets. The cross comes with a beautiful necklace with a pendant holder (also highly oxidized) which can be worn on it's own, and a black, hand dyed silk ribbon, which can also be worn on it's own. It's very versatile, and very pretty, and really epitomizes the theme "gothic bride", I think. My pictures totally don't do this piece the justice that it deserves. As I mentioned, it is listed for sale, and you can see more pictures at http://www.followtheredbrickrd.etsy.com/.

No comments: