Thursday, May 15, 2008




So, I've been so busy making jewelry lately. I've been fascinated with the wire wrapping, and have been listing lots of stuff on my etsy shop. I joined an etsy guild...the Wire Artisan's Guild. I feel so honored to be included amongst that group of amazingly talented women, and I've learned so much from them. We've been doing weekly theme challenges, and they have really pushed me to my limits. I hope that I can continue to keep up with it. Let's see. The first item I created was for the "spring" theme, and I made an elegant little pair of leaf earrings, with genuine peridot beads. The next theme that I participated in was "nocturnal". I made a beautiful bat necklace. It is truly stunning, and I can't believe that I made it. All of the beads in it are genuine gemstones...there's carnelian, amethyst, mother-of-pearl, onyx, labradorite, quartz crystal, and garnet. I think that's all, lol. The last thing I did was for the "whirligig" theme. That was hard. I tried several designs, nothing seemed to work, so I fell back on the tried and true triskele, and they (earrings) turned out AWESOME. They're highlighted with genuine carnelian gemstone beads. Right now I'm working on a piece for the "gothic bride" theme. That's a secret, but I'll post a picture when I'm done. I'm including a picture of my bat pendant, so y'all can see what I'm talking about. It's shown being modelled by my daughter, who is only 11...I love her, but I think it would look a lot better on a pair of breasts, lol. I'll have to see about getting a more endowed model! If you want to see more of my jewelry, feel free to go browse my etsy shop, the web address is listed above.

No comments: